.

.

Tv Shows Torrent

Past Continuous

By | Monday, February 21, 2011 Leave a Comment


Pasado Continuo


Use the Past Continuous to indicate that a longer action in the past was interrupted. The interruption is usually a shorter action in the Simple Past. Remember this can be a real interruption or just an interruption in time.

- Usa el Pasado Continuo para indicar una acción duradera en pasado fue interrumpida. La interrupcion es normalmente una acción corta en Pasado Simple. También recuerda que puede ser una interrupción real o una interrupción en ese mismo momento.

Examples:

When we were having the picnic, It started to rain.
-Cuando estabamos de picnic, empezó a llover.

Eduardo was waiting for us when we got off the plane.
-Eduardo estaba esperandonos cuando bajamos del avión. 

What were you doing when you broke your leg? I was snowboarding. 
¿Qué estabas haciendo cuando te rompiste la pierna? Estaba haciendo Snowboard.


Especific time as an interruption. Tiempo específico como interrupción.


Last night at 6 PM, I was eating dinner. 

Yesterday at this time, I was sitting at my desk at work. 

Extra Content

In the Simple Past, a specific time is used to show when an action began or finished. In the Past Continuous, a specific time only interrupts the action.
- En el pasado simple, se usa un momento específico para mostrar cuando una acción empieza o finaliza. 

Examples:

Last night at 6 PM, I ate dinner. ( I started eating at 6 Pm).
-  Anoche a las 18:00, comí.
Last night at 6 PM, I was eating dinner. ( I started earlier, and 6 PM, I was in the process of eating dinner).
- Anoche a las 18:00, estaba cenando.
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: