.

.

Tv Shows Torrent

Suggest + Gerund

By | Sunday, January 22, 2012 Leave a Comment

"Suggested" en pasado más el verbo con "ing


En esta lista de ejemplos, podemos ver el uso del gerundio "ing" después de la palabra (suggest), que se emplea después de una pregunta con el verbo en presente.
  • Why didn´t you go to his flat?
    • Well, Ann suggested going to his flat but I didn´t think it was necessary.

  • Why didn´t you record his conversation?
    • Well, Ann suggested recording his conversation but I didn´t think it was necessary.

  • Why didn´t you ask him for proof of his identity?
    • Well, Ann suggested asking him for proof of his identity but I didn´t think it was necessary.

  • Why didn´t you look at his password?
    • Well, Ann suggested looking at his password but I didn´t think it was necessary.
      Fine Print (Nadia Ali song)
      Fine Print (Nadia Ali song) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

  • Why didn´t you consult a solicitor?

    • Well, Ann suggested consulting a solicitor but I didn´t think it was necessary.

  • Why didn´t you discuss it with me?
    • Well, Ann suggested discussing with you but I didn´t think it was necessary.

  • Why didn´t you wait a few weeks?
    • Well, Ann suggested waiting a few weeks but I didn´t think it was necessary.

  • Why did you check his figures?
    • Well, Ann suggested checking his figures, but I didn´t think it was necessary.

  • Why did you have the document translated?
    • Well, Ann suggested checking his figures, but I din´t think it was necessary.

  • Why didn´t you show the letter to a handwriting expert?
    • Well, Ann suggested showing the letter to a handwriting expert but I didn´t think it was necessary.

  • Why didn´t you read the small print?
    • Well, Ann suggested reading the small print but I didn´t think it was necessary.

  • Why didn´t you find out where he had worked before?
    • Well, Ann suggested finding out where he had worked before but I didn´t think it was necessary.

  • Why didn´t you make enquiries about him?
    • Well, Ann suggested making enquiries about him but I didn´t think it was necessary.

  • Why didn´t you ring his previous employers?
  •  Well, Ann suggested ringing his previous employers but I didn´t think it was necessary.

  • Why didn´t you give him a post-dated cheque?
    • Well, Ann suggested giving him a post-dated cheque but I didn´t think it was necessary.

  • Why didn´t you contact his embassy?
    • Well, Ann suggested contacting his embassy but I didn´t think it was necessary.

  • Why didn´t you take his photograph?
    • Well, Ann suggested taking his photograph but I didn´t think it was necessary.

  • Why didn´t you get his fingerprints?
    • Well, Ann suggested getting his fingerprints but I didn´t think it was necessary.

  • Why didn´t you follow him home?
    • Well, Ann suggested following him home but I didn´t think it was necessary.
Other phrases and examples


  • Previous studies have shown or suggested that ....
  • The reason for .... is unknown, but .... has been suggested by X as a possible factor
  • It is commonly suggested that Shakespeare might not have invented certain words and phrases
  • Marian who generously suggested that I add support for "phrase-frames" to the application.
  •  Each main entry contains a usage recommendation and sugested
Enhanced by Zemanta
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: