.

.

Tv Shows Torrent

Vocabulario Esencial Letra A

By | Monday, January 02, 2012 7 comments
-->
 Abandon [uh BAN dn]
  1. To give up something forever 
  2. To leave in a time of danger.
  • Abandon all hope of seeing your family again.
  • We must abandon the boathouse until the storn is over.
 Ability [uh BIL etee]
  1. Being able.
  2. Having power to do something.
  3. Skill, expertise, power.
  • You have the ability to succeed at what you attempt.
  • Einstein had exceptional mathematical ability.
  • An automobile lacks the ability to pull a freight train.
Absolve: [ab ZAHLV]
  1. To declare free from guilt. 
  2. To free from duty or a promise.
  • The lord absolved the sinner and forgave him.
  • Dad absolved Junior of his promise to wash  the car.
Absorb [ab ZAWRB]
  1. To suck up. 
  2. To take up the full energy or attention of. 
  3. Engross. 
  4. To take in and incorporate. 
  5. To assume to full cost.
  • The sponge absorbed the entire spill.
  • Learning fractions absorved Hailee´s full attemtion.
  • If we fail to absorb the lessons of history, we are doomed  to repeat them.
  • I´ll absorb the charge for the window replacement.
 Absurd: [ab SOERD or ab ZOEHRD]
  1. So obviously untrue as to be laughable. 
  2. Laughable different from what is reasonable.
  • The story that his arms were tired because he had just flown in from Los Angeles was absurd.
  • The outfit that Gino wore with the red and white striped shirt and the green  and yellow checked pants was absurd.

Acceptable
[ak SEPT ibl]

  1. Adequate, tolerable, bearable, okay.
  • Eating peas at a restaurant using only your knife is not considered acceptable manners.
  • Dressing in a toga is considered acceptable at certain fraternity parties.

Page 1
Newer Post Older Post Home

7 comments:

  1. Hi friends, its great paragraph regarding cultureand fully defined, keep it up all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Generally I don't read article on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very forced me to try and do so! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thanks, very nice article.
    My weblog - binary options Trading Strategy

    ReplyDelete
  3. An impressive share! I've just forwarded this onto a coworker who was doing a little research on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast due to the fact that I found it for him... lol. So let me reword this.... Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending the time to discuss this matter here on your website.
    Feel free to surf my weblog ; the best forex traders

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have any video of that? I'd want to find out more details.
    Here is my blog :: forex day trading

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for another wonderful post. The place else could anyone get that type of info in such an ideal
    approach of writing? I've a presentation subsequent week, and I'm at the look for
    such information.

    Feel free to surf to my web-site: online part time jobs without investment

    ReplyDelete
  6. Υοu actuаlly make іt apρеar ѕo eaѕy ωith уour pгeѕentation hοwever I to find this mаtteг to be really somеthing that
    I feel I woulԁ neνer undеrstand. It κind of feels tοo comρlex anԁ ѵery ѵaѕt for me.
    Ι am lοοkіng ahead on youг subsequent submit, Ӏ'll try to get the grasp of it!

    Check out my web-site :: buy procera avh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Howdy! Would you mind if I share your blog with my zynga group?
    There's a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Thank you

    My blog top online jobs work from home

    ReplyDelete