.

.

Tv Shows Torrent

The Past Simple Lesson

By | Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Past Simple Lesson

We use the past simple to talk about actions and states which we see as completed in the past.
We can use it to talk about a specific point in time.

She came back last Friday. / Ella vino el pasado viernes.
I saw her in the street. / La ví en la calle.
They didn't agree to the deal. / Ella no estaba de acuerdo con el trato.

It can also be used to talk about a period of time.
She lived in Tokyo for seven years. / Ella vivió en Tokyo siete años.
They were in London from Monday to Thursday of last week. / Ellos estuvieron en Londres desde el Lunes hasta el Jueves la semana pasada.
When I was living in New York, I went to all the art exhibitions I could. / Cuando estaba viviendo en New Jork, fui a todas las exibiciones que pude.
You will often find the past simple used with time expressions such as these:
yesterday / ayer.
three weeks ago / hace tres semanas.
last year / el año pasado.
in 2002 / en el 2002
from March to June / de Marzo a Junio.
for a long time / hace mucho tiempo.
for 6 weeks / por tres semanas
in the 1980s / en los años ochenta.
in the last century / la última decada.
in the past / en el pasado.
Newer Post Older Post Home