.

.

Tv Shows Torrent

[American Idioms] Answer the door, Answer to someone and any number of

By | Sunday, August 05, 2012 Leave a Comment

Answer the door

  1. After hearning the door bell or a knock.
  2. To go to the door to see who´s there.
  • Would you please answer the door? I am busy.
  • I wish someone would answer the door. I can not wait all day.

Answer to someone

  1. To explain to someone.
  2. To justify one´s actions to someone.
  • If Tomas cannot behave properly, he´ll have to answer to me.
  • The car thief will have to answer to the judge.

Any number of

  1. someone or something.
  2. a large number.
  3. a sufficiently large number.
  4. Used when the exact number is not important.
  • Any number of people can vouch for my honestly.
  • I can give any number of reasons why I should join the army.
  • I ate there any number of times and never became ill.
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: