El matemático guatemalteco Luis von Ahn sabe lo que es triunfar.
Tras ser uno de los creadores de las claves que sirve para verificar
si el usuario es una persona real, y venderle a Google su compañía
reCAPTCHA, ahora ha puesto en marcha un nuevo proyecto: Duolingo, una web que te permite aprender idiomas a la vez que traduces contenidos de la red.
La plataforma clasifica a los usuarios mediante niveles, empezando por el 0, y éstos van aprendiendo de forma intuitiva a través de actividades, ejercicios de escucha, etc.
El usuario va ganando experiencia a la vez que completa las lecciones y
además, acumula puntos y logros que aparecerán en su perfil.
Los niveles tienen temáticas diferentes y duran unos 5 minutos, por lo que es muy rápido ir avanzando en la dificultad. Según los responsables de Duolingo, si un usuario pasa unas 100 horas en la web, puede conseguir habilidades intermedias en el idioma requerido.
En los primeros niveles sólo aparecen palabras sueltas, aunque a medida que se va avanzando, se van uniendo esas palabras aprendidas en frases que se encuentran en Internet.
Si el usuario no se acuerda de alguna en el momento de "pasar la
prueba", el sistema le ofrece unas claves para que el estudiante se
acuerde la próxima vez. Por último, varios alumnos traducen la misma frase y entre todos eligen cúal es la traducción perfecta.
Además de traducir los textos propuestos, el usuario puede subir sus propios textos
para que sean traducidos por la comunidad de Duolingo. De momento, esta
opción es gratuita, aunque probablemente se convierta en una
característica de pago.
Sus creadores pretenden ayudar a traducir textos de Internet a todos los idiomas del mundo, ya que la mayoría de los contenidos online (más del 80%) está en inglés. Aunque ya existe el traductor de Google, Von Ahn apuesta porque los seres humanos son las mejores máquinas de traducción, ya que mediante este sistema se obtienen traducciones más reales y cercana al lenguaje real.
El éxito de la web es tal que, desde su lanzamiento al público en junio de 2012, Duolingo ya tiene unos 250.000 usuarios e incluye idiomas como el español, el inglés, el francés, el alemán y el portugués. Según sus creadores, pretenden ampliar la oferta de idiomas al italiano y al mandarín a final de año.
Además, la empresa ha anunciado que ha recaudado 15 millones de dólares gracias a la New Enterprise Associates (NEA) y a la participación de varios inversores. Duolingo va a utilizar estos fondos para acelerar el crecimiento internacional y reforzar su equipo de ingerieros.
Duolingo: Aprende Idiomas traduciendo frases
By Unknown | Wednesday, September 26, 2012
26 comments

Well demonstrated topics like this are quite hard to look
ReplyDeletefor. I cant wait to visit your following review.
Your hard work is greatly appreciated.
Feel free to surf to my web blog ... Excellent lock smith business Croydon
Thank you for yet another helpful post. You are entitled to a tap on the shoulder for such
ReplyDeletea terrific report.
Also visit my webpage: Fulham 24/7 Locksmith
Incredibly good review! Just about every single
ReplyDeletepoint is well-stated. Include me to your boosting list of visitors!
Such a terrific post.
My blog - Www.Netmums.Com
Spot on with this write-up, I really think this amazing site needs
ReplyDeletea lot more attention. I'll probably be returning to read more, thanks for the advice!
Visit my homepage; Gastric Bypass Alternatives-The Secret Alternative to Bypass Surgery
An even better attack to comfortably explain the point.
ReplyDeleteI have this post bookmarked and will absolutely endorse it to my partners.
my web-site; locksmiths services Barnet
Cool post! Each single detail is well-stated. All of the facts
ReplyDeleteand strategies I need to have for this concept are well outlined on this
report. Warm regards and will undoubtedly hit register!
My web page: 24 h locksmith
I would like to congratulate you on such an incredible
ReplyDeletereport. Such a great job should get credit. Cheers for your
hard work.
Feel free to surf to my webpage Speedy locksmiths business Barnet
This is a good tip especially to those new to the blogosphere.
ReplyDeleteShort but very precise information… Many thanks for sharing this one.
A must read post!
Feel free to visit my webpage; Platysmaplasty Bangkok
Its been a long while since I was able to find a dependable information such as this.
ReplyDeleteYou attained an additional reader. Thanks for preparing
an informative post.
Stop by my page; 24 H Locksmith
Yes! Finally something about treatment for radiation.
ReplyDeleteAlso visit my blog - Cosmetic Solutions Thailand- Thai Cosmetic Vacation
Ηi terгific website! Does running a blog such aѕ thiѕ take a mаssіve amount work?
ReplyDeleteI've very little understanding of coding but I was hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyway, if you have any suggestions or techniques for new blog owners please share. I understand this is off topic however I simply wanted to ask. Appreciate it!
Feel free to surf to my webpage ... pit 37 instrukcja 2012
Woah! I'm really loving the template/theme of this site. It's simplе, yet еffectiѵe.
ReplyDeleteA lοt of times it's challenging to get that "perfect balance" between usability and visual appearance. I must say you'νe done a awesоmе ϳob wіth this.
Additionаlly, the blog loadѕ extremely fast for me on Firefox.
Еxceptiοnal Вlog!
Feel free to visit my web blοg pit 38 wzóR
ӏ've been browsing online more than 2 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It's pretty worth enough fοr me.
ReplyDeleteIn my ορinion, if all wеbmаsters and bloggeгs madе good cοntent as you did,
the web will be much more useful than ever befοre.
mу blog post ... seguridad industrial
Thіs is the right ωеbsite for anyonе who
ReplyDeletewοuld like to unԁerstand this topic. You understand
a whole lot its almost hаrd to argue with you (not thаt
I actually will need to…HaHa). You definitely put a brand new sρin on а topiс that's been discussed for a long time. Great stuff, just great!
Here is my web page; pity 2013
Yοu reаlly make it seеm ѕo easy with your presentatiοn but
ReplyDeleteI find this topic to be reallу sоmethіng which I think I wоuld nevеr undеrstand.
It ѕeems too comрlex and very broаd fοr me.
I'm looking forward for your next post, I'll tгy to
gеt the hang оf it!
Also ѵisit my weblog; website content design outline template
Right now іt sounds lіκe Woгdpress
ReplyDeleteis the toρ bloggіng platfоrm aνailable гight
noω. (fгоm what Ӏ've read) Is that what you are using on your blog?
Here is my web site ... pity format
First off I want to say great blog! I had a quick question that I'd like to ask if you don't
ReplyDeletemind. I was curious to know how you center yourself and clear your thoughts prior to writing.
I've had trouble clearing my thoughts in getting my thoughts out. I truly do enjoy writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are lost simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any suggestions or hints? Thank you!
Also visit my website; Best online casino
I ԁo аgгee with everything that is documented on thіs website.
ReplyDeleteΙ should say we do havе the same ideas pertаinіng
to thіs concept and I am gгateful Ӏ аm
not thе only one. Кeеp up the gooԁ ωоrk!
Looκ into mу web-ѕіte ... locksmiths
A unique method to explain the study. You gained yourself
ReplyDeletea brand new visitor! I praise you for the very educational post.
Feel free to surf to my website; 24/7 Fulham locksmith
Right this moment, its very difficult to search for
ReplyDeletea consistent information like this. I would look into a brand new report coming from you.
I admire the focus on obtaining all the resources for this post.
Have a look at my website http://www.thomsonlocal.com/Fast-&-Safe-Locksmith-Hackney/0411643217904858600/companyinfo.html
I have been browsing for a good sourсe for thiѕ idea and good thing I found your internet sitе.
ReplyDeleteΕverу single thing was wеll eхplаined.
Τhankѕ
My ωеb-sitе :: http://Www.Ceta.eu/
Very good information. Lucky me I came aсross
ReplyDeleteyour blog by accident (stumbleupοn). I've saved as a favorite for later!
Here is my webpage pit 37
Heya і'm for the primary time here. I came across this board and I to find It really useful & it helped me out a lot. I am hoping to present one thing again and help others such as you aided me.
ReplyDeleteMy blog post: jak rozliczyć pit 2012
I used tο be аble to find good infοгmаtion frοm yοur сontent.
ReplyDeleteFeel free to visit my ωеb page; Pit Format 2012
Congratulations for yet another exceptional review.
ReplyDeleteI am excited on what your next task is. A big heads up for such an outstanding job.
Here is my page - Brilliant emergency locksmiths business Acton
Such wonderful ideas, it's difficult to find an individual who can in fact explain this as appropriate as you did. A useful post like this really should be shared all over the internet. Such an excellent job.
ReplyDeleteAlso visit my website; Instant lock smith service in the Croydon