Picks up with someone:
That's what they do-sugarcoat everything: eso es lo que hacen "darle dulzura a todo" (hablando de películas)
to jimmy the keyhole, intentar abrir la cerradura que se atasca
Just say, she shit her pants or she soiled herself = "para decir que se cago en los pantalones"
blurb = palabreria, grupo de palabras bajo un texto
the treat is mine / "sera un placer"
I'll treat you to an ice cream
It was treat to chat with you
*** "Woody Allen is a weenie ***
El sudor de la espalda
back sweatI'm sweating
all over
I'm sweating
Esta húmedo
It's humidthe towel is wet
moist
the towel is wet moist
My bedroom is humid
My bedroom is muggy
Muggy geezer
state marriage = matrimonio cicil
hate monger: (monger)= alguien que hace dinero con algo
I'm sweating like a pig
Dirigir algo a alguna parte
to channelto funnel
to direct
to lead
likeable / carismatico, con don de gentes
civil unions
state marriage = matrimonio civil
hate monger
hold me a second
sure
make profit
cover monger
hate monger makes money off hate
For example:
- Pat Robertson is a hate monger
- Bush is a war monger
He's mayor for life
He'll be mayor for as long as he wants
Él será alcalde tanto tiempo como él quiera
Yo comeré pescado tanto tiempo como sea padre
for the sake of the children: por el bienestar de los chicos
- I'll do anything for the sake
Can you tell me the diferences between look for , seek and search?
I'm looking for my keys
I seek guidance
I'm searching for answers
soul searching
I'm job searching
Struggle
He's struggling in schoolHe's struggling with math
She's struggling for respect at her job
She's struggling to make a better life for herself
if i wanna say´´ im standing up ofr my rights
is it righ?
Stand up
picking onto stand up for
I´m standing up for dominican republic
I'm standing up for my rights
Una pregunta grosera = an impolite question
minimum wage
[22:18:00] Gorgoteo V (cwquinlan): y'all messed up my bill
you all= y'all
layed backcare free
mind your language, please, or I'll have to hang up
cool
he's my little brother= Él es mi hermanito pequeño
Actualización: 10 sep 2012
Actualización: 28 sep 2012
I didn´t mean to slight you. "no queria menos preciarte" pero no se usa apenas. la que se usa es: I didn´t mean to spite you
to give someone a taste of their own medicine = darle a alguien de su propia medicina "devolverle su propia broma, contestación, insulto, etc..."
The fact is I’ve never considered it nor wanted to. = ni querido ;)
DO you have acid reflux or something? / Tienes acidez o algo
We say: 'it was hurting' or 'it pained me' / It hurt me/pained me/ was hurting me yesterday.

0 comments: